Sunday, June 25, 2006

part 2

Part 2 - continued from last post...

25 June - Akhirnya kita selamat pulang ke tanahair. Actually kita dah sampai ke JB semalam (sabtu) tapi macam malas nak go through checkpoint, so kita bermalam kat New York Hotel, JB (rm120), surprisingly this is a very good hotel and we would recommend to anyone to stay here if you have S$50 to spare over the weekend. It has Spa facilities (free for guests -separate male/female steambath, sauna all beside the swimming pool, jacuzzi and gym), good breakfast (lots of varieties - all you can eat pratas) and good-clean-big rooms. We are certainly recharged after a week worth of travelling up north-east of Malaysia.

Sweet Memories....

  • Awang Resort is still my favorite beach resort. Whenever I am stressed out, I always visuallised myself lying on the beach, and when I finally reached there last week, I feel like I reach home.
  • Snorkelling at Pulau Kapas was so much fun, couldn't stop swimming further and further. I love watching and playing with the fishes up close, if you float silently, the fishes will come nibble at your fingers and come really close to your goggles, and if you really move slowly the fishes will follow you like pets.
  • One of the "sea-things" that looks scary are the sea-urchins, they really look like they going to attack you with their sharp points. Each of them have 2 blue and 1 red eyes.
  • We played captain ball after snorkelling, and scared the fishes away.
  • Coming back from snorkelling, I swam from the jetty to shore, and I get to swim directly towards the school of fishes. It looks like you going into a dark, black cloud, and when it comes closer you can really see the thousands of small fishes coming towards you fast and collide against the skin, it looks scary but feel ticklish.
  • Chandat sotong event, no need to say more already, I won't forget the big headache while in the middle of the sea. I was surprised with Juliana, I expected her to vomit non-stop, as she easily gets motion sickness, but she kept her composure the whole time... good girl! Abang Atid was catching one sotong after another, while Yan caught the biggest sotong I have ever seen, but she always run away from it when she gets one, because it shoots out black liquid... yucks.
  • We played Volleyball, beside the kubur, which is very funny because we rather the ball go and land anywhere else other than inside the compound. This is the only place where we swim, eat our meals, play games beside a cemetery...hehehe...
  • In Kuantan, Juliana and Iman slept at Zeti/Iskandar's room, while me, yati, abg atid and bapak shared a room. I never forget me, abg atid and bapak sitting together at the window to watch the German/Ecuador match at the big projection screen outside our window, while the Poland/Costarica match on Tv..... that's a world cup moment!
  • Tasik Kenyir was so picturesque, its like standing infront of a giant painting. Its man-made dam , has 340 islands and its twice the size of singapore. You have to park your car and call/use the buggy service to go anyway after that at the resort. To go there, you need to drive through the jungle, as the lake is really in the middle of it. The drive back to KT was more interesting, we took a short-cut (learnt from the BP pump guy), and cow shit was all over the road, there were so many lembu in that district, many times I drove beside their butts. Smell of shit and urine everywhere, but it was a shorter route. We will certainly come back here in the September holidays.
  • Batu Buruk Beach Resort at KT, is my second favourite resort (rm105). Its like Awang only thing is its near the city and places of interests. The room is nice and cosy. And on every Fridays, the batu burok pasar malam is beside the resort only, so no need to drive.
  • Pulau Duyong (Kota Lama), we thought we going to an island, but it turns out to be an old kampong (quite eerie), a place where the locals built boats for a living. I think I drove to every nook and cranie of the village, but the weird thing is there's a lot of houses but not much people.
  • The Terengganu State Museum is the biggest museum I ever been in. It really looks majestic from outside. There's a "1001 pameran ajaib" which showcase all the weird stuff that happens in the world, but thats not scary.. in the main exhibition hall about Terengganu, there's a section about the local burial ceremony. Terperanjat kodok seh, they taruk a real dummy pocong dalam kubur kat situ.... wonder how it looks like at night. There's also a showcase of a lot of keris used by Rajas (abg ram mesti suka this one). And also we learn that the name Terengganu, actully came about when the locals call it "Taring Anu", when they found a canine's tooth there.
  • While we were there, the place was happening, because they had this "Hadhari" event, so there's a lot of booth open, Bacaria, TV9, Power-Root... supposedly Mawi pun datang on Friday, so we thought we going to see himlah ambik gambar, sekali kat TV3 cakap last minute they cancel, then when we were back in JB baca newspaper, rupanya he rescheduled to Saturday, so melepaslah kita tak dapat ambik gambar dengan dia.

So that's some of the sweet memories we had while on holiday. Very memorable time with my brothers, my father, my wife/children, my nieces and nephews, and grand-nieces/nephews... which reminds me of baby Batrisyah, the youngest traveller, only 1 and half month old, dah naik bot, pergi pulau, travelled from East to West malaysia, I think she enjoyed herself too. Reminds me when my children was about that age, and I drove them all over Malaysia... it's actually good to bring them young because they will get used to the long journeys when they get older.

Didn't get to take photos or videos, because in a hurry last week forgot to bring along my videocam... So please someone, yan, eti or abg kadir compile all the pics and burn them to CD for me, I need to relived those memories.

So now even though we are back in Singapore, my heart is still in Terengganu.....

I'll be back "home"...

No comments: