Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Things that you want...

3X says "Whilst having lunch with the office guys, we started talking a topic about what we always wanted in life. You know, the kind of thing you want or a thing to do, that you always dream of when you growing up. The ultimate 'dream things' that you dream about. So around the table, these were mentioned - owning a car (of course), piloting an F1, stranded on a deserted island with a dream girl (like in the movie Blue Lagoon), win a lottery... one guy mentioned 'camping in Africa with wild animals' (hey, whatever makes you happy dude)... but funny none of us mentioned marriage (well we're guys, what you expect right)... Anyway when it was my turn, I said, the ultimate 'thing' that I really wanted was - a daughter. After all the 'WTF???' around the table, I was asked to explain myself. So this is my explaination...

When I was young (not sure how old), there is this movie called Firestarter. Its about a little girl who can start fire and shoots fireballs and destroy stuff. Of course knowing this girl have this power, a lot of people were after her. So basically the father throughout the movie, carries her, comforts her, protects her... and I find that so powerfully nice (not sure what that means also, but I don't know how to describe it any other way). The small girl is played by Drew Barrymore, and I find her so lovingly cute. I watched that movie countless times, and it somehow etched in my mind, the father carrying his daughter protecting her from bad people... and I wanted that ever since. I wanted a daughter as cute as that and I want to love her so bad. So ever since, I always dream of a daughter... and I think I got what I wanted when I see Nadhirah. Sometimes when you want something so bad, you get what you want. To me she looks like the girl in that movie, and as of now, she's the most precious thing in my life.

Well nobody really cared about my explaination anyway, and soon we started talking about the "stranded on an island with hot chicks" (notice it becomes a plural already)... hehehe...

No comments: