Friday, January 12, 2007

2006 in a nutshell

3X says "Let's do a recap of 2006. The events, happenings and milestones of last year. It began with the start of Iman's primary school education. We were proud of him, he showed no signs of fear at all. The first few months of his primary education he struggled a lot with spelling. I don't blame him, I blame the words. But eventually he got better and better and scored full marks later on. He's still weak in Maths and English, we hope this year he'll improved a bit.

We were surprised when Juliana got number 4, not that we doubt her, but we thought we neglected her quite a lot last year, she always studies on her own. Anyway, this year she is so psyched about studying Science, and she kept reading and holding the science text book everytime.

Last year also marks the discovery of my kidney stones. The pain was, for lack of a better word - F@#$@# painful! and it was also the first time in my life, I was scanned like a pregnant woman by the doctor. Anyway the pain didn't come again, but I'm sure the damn stone is still in there.

The Quirky Couple got married last year, and also if I'm not mistaken, Batrisyah and Iqin was born around that time. Did Sadiq came out last year too? hmmm... Susah nak keep track bila "cucu" dah ramai sangat. We celebrated Bapak's birthday kat Jalan Kayu restaurant, with a larger turn out of family members, and it was fun as some contributed birthday videos for him.

Oh yes, the family also had formed an official Soccer team (still unnamed) and had trained together and played with a lot of other teams. Well turn out was good at the begining, but later on it dwindled to 8 players for the last match. Anyway, hope this could be pick-up back this year. And also from the sports front, the family has advanced to playing tennis and badminton. It was a really sporty year. Sporty = pengsan.

As for the "cuti-cuti Malaysia" last year, we had travel East and West during both school holidays. In June we went to Pulau Kapas, and who can forget that Candat Sotong thing, I must confess that was so the most difficult thing for me last year. I vomitted for the first time in 25 years (the last was when I was in primary school). Well Abang Atid followed us, and our journey was captured in the papers written by Abg Kadir. In December, I think the most number of family member s went on holiday to Langkawi, had tremendous good time together. And also for us, it was the first time we really drove all around the coast of Malaysia, the longest journey we had ever undertaken.

Last year Juliana broke her collar bone, and had to wear a sling for a month, and during that time, the World Cup was held, after the General Election. Anyway both results were equally disapointing. Anyway during the World Cup, we get to stay overnight at Wakdir's house to watch the match for 2nd/3rd placing, remember that.

And around August, we had a Family day at Bedok Reservoir, where we had some telematches, mini-concert and birthday celebrations. That was fun and memorable too. And I think around that time too, a family band was formed, and I step inside the jamming studio after a 15 years absence, with my nieces and nephews (who would have thought!).

I also remembered I have done wrong to my son, by cutting his hair till it was a disaster, and I really did panic. I have to remember to apologise to him when he is older. It breaks my heart to see him like that, especially caused by me. He even got rejected from an acting job, which also marks the first time Juliana and Nadhirah acting in their first "feature film".

Towards the end of the year, there were some "true-colours" being shown, sad but true, but ape-ape ajelah, still tak faham but like what I always say - gasak kaulah!, just means one less click of the mouse. And so that wraps up the year 2006.

As for aspirations and resolutions for 2007 - Iman wants to study harder and buy an Xbox (that's what he say), Juliana wants to get Number 2 in class (don't ask me why no.2, and not no.1, I also don't understand, I guess she has her own reasons). Nadhirah wants a baby sister, really she has a named for her also. The wife wants to lose weight and look sexy for the husband, and after that going to buy a thong and then frolick in the beach with a 2 piece bikini, and as for me, I wish to continue study for the Masters (though financially not do-able yet, but I can wish for a miracle and pray for murah rezeki) and also to get out of this country... Happy New Year!

No comments: