Monday, April 30, 2007

Cybercafe


3X says "Well after months of fighting over 1 computer in their room, I've decided to give each one their own PC. So now no more fighting over whose turn to use, and the house has been a little quieter. It's like a cybercafe in their room. The moment they wakes up each morning (as early as 6am), they are surfing the net. Each PC have an Internet connection and all are networked via routers and switches/hubs, running on Windows (it helps their "Mat Rock" father is a "Computer Geek"), and I give them the freedom to do what they want to do with it.

I am actually amazed at their IT skills, for example if a program hangs, they know how to Ctrl+Alt+Del. For the record, I've never teach them anything (school work or computers), somehow they learn how to install and setup programs by themselves. I was also pleasantly shocked when I saw Nadhirah typing her name by herself when entering the high score. And they know what web sites to go to play flash or online games.

No comments: