Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Apple Course Leopard


3X says "Foooiiieeee.... 5 days of training of the Apple Leopard 10.5 at iShop. Its great to be sent for courses, get to sit down in a classroom and just learn stuff. Its good to have a break from the mundane office life and just become a student for a week. 

Let me tell you a little bit about Apple. You see, in the Apple world the OS'es upgrades are named after big cats, like Jaguar.. Panther... why?... I don't know also. Their browser is named Safari and their brand is Apple, making Mac (short for Macintosh) machines. 

And their products have "i" infront of them, like iPods, iMacs, iSight, iPhones... and their big machines have "G" like G4 and G5s., and their laptops have "book" names, like Macbook, Powerbook, Macbook Air. So at work, I am purely an Apple guy, I administer (and responsible for) 3 Apple Xservers, with a total of over 12 TB of Xsans storage space (that's TB - terabyte, way more than a gigabyte). If either 1 of the 3 servers is down, my heart literally starts pumping faster, and the anxiety level shoots up like a rocket.

So which do I still prefer - Mac or Windows ? screw both... go for Linux ! 

No comments: