Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I pronounce you man and wife....

3X says "Recently an ex-colleague came to visit us at work. After the usual formality of asking what's going on with our lives, she said that now she's going through a divorce. Well, we were shocked at her news - I was thinking 'too much information', just say ok enough lah.

Well, the story goes that her husband likes to 'smack' her for years, and the last straw was when he strangled her in front of their children. Since then she left home to leave with her parents. He did try to get her back home, but she said she's had enough and that's it. I didn't even dare ask what happen that brings about this.

After listening to her story, it got me thinking the whole day. Mostly the thought that, for some women their lives is at the mercy of the man they marry. I know that married couples fight and sometimes words and actions can become out of control, but to 'lay a hand' on the person, for whatever reason, is simply wrong.

Maybe I have a few daughters already, and when I hear this kind of thing, all of a sudden I got very angry, and worry for their safety. Hopefully they find a good man for their husbands, I know its still too early to think about it, but 'kelap-kelip' my eldest daughter is 10 yrs already.

Anyway, I normally don't like to think about bad things and 'what-ifs', but IF any man, husband or not, lay a hand on my daughters, I swear I KICK HIS ASS and ask her to leave him.

No comments: