Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Amazing Woman!

3X says "This is about an Amazing Woman who ran, despite her bad back and bad knees. She ran as fast as she could and she drove, all in the name of a game, minus the one million dollars. I am so proud of her tenacity and endurance, thinking back it would bring tears to my eyes. Never throughout my marriage have I seen her ran so fast and so much, all because we thought timing matters, as it turns out, getting back first or second means nothing.

I was useless, apart from driving, I have no idea of the clues and little energy to run, I was pretty much behind the wheel all the way (those of you who met us, always saw me stay back with the car right?), while the brainwork and legwork goes to my team-mates of Abang Atid, Faiz and Yati. Abang Atid and Faiz were fast runners, once I stopped the car, together with the men she ran out and caught up with them. I don't have the heart to tell her to take it easy, she was totally in the competitive zone. When she came back breathless, never once did she complained. Even the guys were worried about her.

When the results were announced, we came in second last, my heart immediately broke for her and abang atid. We were caught by surprised by how badly we did. Nevertheless its just a game. The real important thing is all four of us had the best time, we laughed all the way, we had fun, we had a good vascular exercise, we had a memorable time. For me it was the best time I had with my wife, my brother and my nephew.

Kudos to everyone who took part, at first I was apprehensive about everyone's enthusiasm, but as soon as the whistle blow, everyone had pure adrenalin. At the kuil, I saw Iskandar, atiqa and hakim ran to the car, and then iskandar ram the car as fast as he could out of the car park, power!!! Kudos too to Herman, despite having a pregnant wife and 2 senior citizens still manage to finish the race before time. Heard that even KakNgah went up the stairs of the old changi hospital...power!!! I saw Atiq and Kak idah ran at the Meriam place, and then measuring the length of the meriam with her arms, as she saw abg atid doing it... that's amazing!

To my wife, you constantly surprise me with your abilities, strength and character. I am so in awe of you and proud of you. You are my winner and You Are My Superwoman, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me be your husband. You're the Greatest!

No comments: