Saturday, July 08, 2006

p2p TV - Streaming TV via the internet.

With the help of broadband and technology, here's how I watch the World Cup Games this year.

1- SCTV, thanks to my big UHF antenna and THE best official world cup broadcaster
and also via this method
2- p2p TV, some of you may read about it and wondered does it work, the answer is yes, it does, no lag at all. For some of you who don't know about it let me explain, or rather I let this website explain - http://www.myp2p.eu/

I used 2 of the p2p TV programs that works for me : TVAnts and TVUPlayer. Here's what I do when the games are too late (3am), I watch and record it in on my laptop using either of this program, and if I "ter"sleep, I can watch the recorded game at work with the laptop.

Make sure you are using broadband (more than 200kbps), although the size is 320x240, it is still clear and watchable. I am now watching HBO channel while typing this. Yes, other than sports channel, like ESPN and CCTV5 theres some movie channels, like HBO and Hollywood, and even Cartoon Network, and also news channel like BBC, CNN and CCTVnews.

I gave you the link, you can give it a try...

No comments: