Monday, September 04, 2006

Jamming History

3X says "Flashback 1986 - First time jamming with my classmate in secondary school. Somehow if you want to be cool that time, you have to form a band and tell everyone that you go jamming. I was a drummer then, and we played a lot of Scorpions song - Rock you like a hurricane. A few girls followed us and even though we played badly, some girls thought its cool to hang with us. We skipped school sometimes and went to City Plaza to Bedok to Roxy Square jamming studios.
Flashback 1992 - My old gang have moved on, and I found myself in another band with my NS mates. We have new skills and I've moved on from a drummer to rhythm guitar. As time goes on we got better, mostly Metallica, Iron Maiden, Helloween and Slayer songs. We were serious playing, and anyone caught playing with a wrong chord or tempo will get @#$@ from the rest. 2 guitars, 1 bass, 1 drummer and a vocalist.
Flashback Yesterday 2006 - 20 years on, I found myself in another band. Who would have thought, there we were - Me going jamming... with my 3 kids and the wife... along with 2 teachers... Yan & Eti, my nieces, wearing tudung somemore and their husbands, Herman and Is, and Is was wearing baju kurung somemore... you get the picture. We played love songs and it got progressive... Picture this - Yan, a teacher, wearing tudung... singing Kasihku Laila !!! The teenagers there watched we played and give us a thumbs up!!! At one point, we even played Smells like teen spirit... Next session, we going for more heavy rock, so watch out for Yan singing Plush (STP). Let's Rock!!!

No comments: