Sunday, May 13, 2007

Growing up

3X says "Lately Juliana has been asking a lot of questions... particularly like "what school abah go to? and where?" "How many subjects you study?"... "what are the marks?"... "got pass or fail?"... and so on, everyday. I sense she is really interested where her father is coming from.

Yesterday, I then decided to sit down with her and show her my academic papers. I started off with my PSLE to O-levels to diploma to adv dip. to my degree papers/results... the work places from the moment I started working... explained to her the stages in life... and she was clearly overwhelmed after the talk. I left her alone as she sat down on the sofa for quite a while, and gaze as she was in a deep thought.

It struck me then, at that very moment she is thinking about her future. I think for the very first time, this little child is on her way to being an adult as she begin to think what she is going to do, and what her life will be like, and possibly inspired, excited and worried at the same time... And looking at her thinking like that, I couldn't help feeling worried for her...

"Dear Juliana,
Abah and Mama will always love you ok, don't worry about growing up... just keep on playing computer games... watch lots of cartoons... talk to your friends... tear papers to do your art and crafts... love your brother and sister... just be a primary 3 student for now.... wait abah bring you play bicycle ok...".

No comments: