Sunday, November 23, 2008

iPhone 3G


3X says "Today's lesson is on the Apple iPhone 3G. I got this 2 weeks ago, sign-up for the 2 year contract with Singtel iPhone plan which is, $49 for the iPhone and $77 for the iTwoPlus plan. Let me tell you, this has got to be the most useful device I've ever owned. Basically an iPhone is this : A camera phone, a widescreen iPod and an internet device with rich HTML email and web browser.

The first day when I brought this home, I Jailbreak it myself. After its "jailbroken" it opens up a massive amount of functions to the phone. And for info on why and how to jailbreak:http://sleepers.net/2008/09/06/why-jailbreak-iphone/

Let me tell you what I can do, other than phone/sms functions, with the iPhone now, (I have the 8gb version): Web Surfing - full desktop web-browsing, Emails (yahoo, gmail, Exchange for work), Instant Messaging/VOIP (msn, yahoo, irc, skype), Youtube player (and downloading), Mp3 player, Video Player, Games (very good 3D graphics), Google Maps (street directory), play the guitar, piano, drums, Ocarina (this one very nice instrument), read the News.... whatever the internet can give you. And all this... Anywhere and Everywhere there's WIFI.

Check out its functions here:
http://www.apple.com/sg/iphone/features/

I have all the music albums I want, movies I can watch, surf the web, answer calls/sms, play games and musical instruments, camera and video capture... all in this one device. This has become my companion ever since. The plus point for me, is the availability of the applications for the iPhone, the Apple ones at App Store and the 3rd Party ones from Cydia. Together the collection is massive, all for.... *ahem* for free.

Check out theApps Store, for the applications/games you can use for the iPhone here:
http://www.apple.com/sg/iphone/appstore/

and the available 3rd party softwares (Cydia):
http://www.appleiphoneapps.com/tag/cydia/

So just ignore the Sony Ericson Experia, the Samsung Omnia, the LG Dare and the Nokia... the iPhone is the best!!!

No comments: