Sunday, December 28, 2008

HMS Family day games

This has got to be the most tiring family day ever. We were break up to our respective blog groups, and my team was bro Jaafar(Nor) and Shira. 

1- Scavenger Hunt (Penat Level 8/10)
Teams were asked to complete a list of 10 items, ranging from soiled pampers to sea-shells to hairy legs with sand. It was easy at first, but then it got to "get a picture of you kissing Ronald McDonald". What?!!! McDonald is 10 miles from the camp. I had to separate from my team mates while I went looking for that stupid clown to kiss. I got half-way, nearly fainted and found a sign and I think thats enough for me. Bro J and Shira went looking for the other stuffs, and even found a soiled pampers from the trash can!!!

2- Sea Water (Penat Level 11/10)
Teams are then asked to fill up a big bottle of sea water collected using the mouths only. What??!!! Ok never mind, all scrambled to the sea, and everyone had the "sweet-taste" of sea water in their mouths. But once I got to the bottle, I can't stop bursting into laughter, and the whole sea water spew out to the ground. Seriously I can't stop laughing at myself. I took a mouthful, and when I start thinking "What the hell am I doing?" I laughed and my mouth got empty. I did this too many times, and when I saw Abang Atid vomiting uncontrollably, that was it for me, I surrender!

3- Water Bomb (Penat Level 3/10)
Water bombs filled with sea water are placed in the circle. Team members are named 1,2 and 3. And when the number came up, scramble for one and throw to the other team, The ones who got wet will be out. Difficult to judge this one, because by then everyone was almost wet, so its difficult to see who got hit.

4- Name Game (Penat Level 2/10)
This game is strange but fun. Kak Long and Kak Idah put up a curtain of canvas, and teams on either side will shout out the name of the person in-front. Kak Long kelong a few times, accidentally said out the name of the person in-front. I think no strategy needed, just luck and memory of the other person's name. Nak kena kenal sedara then can win.

5- HMS Beauty Contest (Stress Level 8/10)
Well dress up the male team member and see who is the pretty one. I think this game will be talked about in years to come. I was surprised by the sporting-ness of the males who were dress up, I think they like it. My team, Bro J was the victim, thankfully he is very sporting. Placed some cups into his singlet, and put on some make up and some flowers for him, I feel like his pimp!!! I never in a million years will thought to see the day, Khairul and Hakim, both not showing any shyness when displaying their 'feminine side'. I think for 2008, this is the time when I laughed the most. They all look good, even better looking than their sisters!!! Yam, Abg Atid, Fuad, Hadi and Bro J, I have to salute to you guys for being one of the best Mak Nyahs in the East Coast. 

6- Don't forget the lyrics. (Stress Level 11/10)
This one is actually a performance show, and you sing one of the selected songs that you picked. Our team got Gurindam... something and another one, I can't even remember. Both songs I have no idea. I got a lot of help from Odah, Kak long, Kak Minah, Abang Ram and Wak Sam for the lyrics and rhythm. I want to make it into a rock version, but its impossible. Again Khairul surprised me... he actually dance and sang. Anyway the other teams, had great choreography and there's one who I can't stop laughing at, Faiz and the gang, who needed help from the audience but got backfired. His own father, Abg Atid, didn't give him any support... hahaha... that was hilarious.

Well thanks to Herman, Odah and Wakdir for creating this great games for our family. Lots of memories for us to keep, as we bond and got closer to each other. And till now, taste of sea water, Ronald McDonald lips, gurindam jiwa, visions of Khairul and Hakim is still haunting my mind. (Laughter and Fun Level 10/10).

No comments: