Saturday, October 01, 2005

Children's Day

3X says "Just got back from lunch (today working), and was compel to write about 'parenting'. Reason being, while I was having lunch just now, there was a family of four directly infront of me, mother,father and 2 daughters (age around 5 to 6). Anyway the smaller one, fell down from the chair while eating. The mother got angry began scolding, and everyone at the hawker centre got an earfull.... hhmmmm... WTF??!!?... and she went on for half and hour!!!

Also yesterday while going down the lift at my house, a mother and daughter (about 5yrs old also) went in also, and while going down, the mother began shouting in the lift, I think something to do about homework. It was really irritating and hurting my ears. Impulse got the better of me, and I turn around to the mother and shout "OOoooiiiii!!!" while closing my ears. That stopped her for about 3 secs only, and then she began shouting at her child again. It sounds like she's ready to murder. Upon reaching bottom floor, while the door is open, I shouted "WALAWE!!!!" while digging my ears. It gave her a fright... and also the people who's waiting for the lift. (they must have thought I'm crazy).

I don't understand this mofos who shout at their children in public. It irritates the hell out of me. DO IT IN PRIVATE!!! or better still don't do it at all. I remember when Iman fell out of the chair while eating, we just smile and ask him to get up, or when Juliana throws a tantrum, I just stared at her and told her to be quiet. At home is a different matter, but in public we never shout at them. I see some parents who talk to their 3 yr old like an adult, I don't get it... your child is not an adult yet, so full explaination is not needed, just wasting your breath.

I like to think that I let them (my children) do whatever they want to do, and when they fall or get hurt, that's a better lesson then explaining or nagging at them. We are in a way 'bad' parents, because when they fall, we just look at them and ask them to get up on their own and move on...hehehe.... lastly Happy Children's Day!"

No comments: