Thursday, March 09, 2006

Video Blogging

3X says "Ok some of you have emailed asking how to make/edit/placed video for the blog. First you need a video camera obviously, but nowadays you can take videos from your digital camera, and if you are using it make sure it can capture at 25 frames per second. Some digital cameras takes at 12 fps, and this will result in choppy output, very nauseating to watch.

Once you captured already, if using (1) DV-cam - capture using firewire to your PC, but beware, the file size will be very big, (2) Digital camera - simply copy and paste the file from your memory stick to your hard-disk. The file will usually be either WMV8 (Avi) or Mpeg4 (Divx). Usually your digital camera will come with the software to edit, usually Ulead.

Then you can upload to Youtube.com as taught by tamanbahasa.blogspot.com. Very easy. It will give you the URL to put at your blog, instructions can be found at Tamanbahasa blog.

My method is more tedious, as I encode the final edited file to Flash 8 using Macromedia Flash MX, too make the file size really small and host it at imageshack, the reason I do this is, I like to keep it private and not open to public. But imageshack will only allow 1mg of filesize, which is fine by me, because I will only put 1min video for the blog. Internet streaming is still too slow, so the longer the video - the bigger the file and the longer the wait for it to stream, and I don't like waiting. The videos I placed in my blog, if you noticed are all 1 min only. Don't think 1 min is too short, think about advertisements on TV, how it can capture the viewers attention in such a short span of time.

So get your cameras out, capture all your precious moments, and looking forward to seeing your videos. Any other queries you can still email me.

No comments: