Wednesday, July 11, 2007

CS2 - My Baby be...

Every mom's-to-be lingering thougts "Would it be a boy or a girl?"... but what if the thoughts become "I want my unborn child to be a ... (girl/boy)". Already there are studies made by scientist in the west, that parents CAN choose the gender of their next child. Its frightening knowing that they are already technologies that will allow couples to make their "wish" come true -- letting them actually pick their baby's gender.

Picture this scenario... in the past, couples planned how many children they would have... but in the future, couples not only planned how many, but also the gender of their children. So Ken would be telling Barbie "Hmmm... when we get married lets have 3 children... and all of them would be boys, no girls please". And if couples are allowed to choose the gender of their child, I would bet my bottom dollar that most of them will want MALE (in my own humble opinion).

For me, if I have to answer this controversial question... I would say, I prefer girls than boys. If you asks me why... my reason is this... Girls are more subtle than boys... ok there I said it. And if I were to be asked another controversial question "Since you got 2 girls and a boy, do love your 2 girls more than your boy?" I would have to answer "yes" (not proudly of course). Don't get me wrong... I do love my boy, but I love my daughters more.

I know the saying that parents don't have to worry so much about males when they grow-up, unlike girls as they need more tending to... this seems to be the general concensus (am I right?).

So think about it? If you could choose a boy or a girl... would you do it?

No comments: