Sunday, November 26, 2006

Leave days

3x says "Adui lenguhnya satu badan lepas main tennis dan badminton friday night. Ingatkan takdelah penat sangat, pasal berdiri aje lepas tu tepuk bola aje dengan raket. Pagi bagun nak angkat cawan kopi untuk minum pun tangan boleh mengeletar...

Anyway today's entry is actually about my leave, or rather the number of days I have to clear before the end of this year. How many... 20 days, and the other 5 days (max) can carry forward to next year. By November I was in a frenzy to find the dates to clear, as I remembered last year 5 days got burned because didn't get to take.

So I took 2 weeks in December for the Langkawi trip 4 to 15 Dec, which is 10 days. Another 4 days I applied for every Monday and Friday this month. which leaves another 6 days, and thats not including the entitled 2 days child care leave. Where do I slot the 8 days? December already took the 2 weeks, and then work for 1 week, and then the college block leave for 1 week. So that means I work only 1 week in December. If I apply for that week, that means the whole of December I not working at all. Hopefully , the 3 engineers under my charge will be on auto-pilot and not screw anything up while their "Master Jedi" (thats what they call me) is away. They starting to worry about my absence in December, but I told them if anything I'm reachable via handphone.

By the looks of it, if I can't find any slot for that 8 days, then it will get burned like last year. Well what to do... tried to exchange the days to money - not approved, and tried to carry it forward (max. 5 days) to next year - also not approved.... damn! every year always waste leave. Does this happen to you? Bingit lor..."

No comments: