Monday, May 11, 2009

Brother Safe

3X says "I don't get it... there's a lot of things in this life that I don't get, and this one ranks top ten at the moment. No names will be mentioned, but I don't think it will matter, you'll know who I'm referring to.

Ok he escaped last year, and presumably just captured this year. If I'm from another world, and I seen that headline, I would thought nothing of it. But then after hearing all the news, and painstakingly going through customs which takes forever everytime, the longest was like nearly 6 hours, I'm like "Huh?!@#!@#?!!"

Ok let's do a recap in a nutshell : A 48 year old man, who has a limp (I repeat a limp -ergo not effectively using a pair of legs -ergo not as fast as a normal person), manage to climb out of a small window in a toilet wall, and somehow evade securities in a really well guarded area with barbed wire fences, climb up a tall wall, run through a forest, all this while, dogs and police chasing after him immediately, and he disappeared... yes after all that.

And a few days later (I repeat a few days, not the day, or the next day itself), he swam (with a limp) across the sea to the other side. All this while, the army and the police and coast guards everywhere, working overtime, guarding all the longkangs, even cemeteries, patrolling all along the coastline, with his pictures pasted everywhere, the whole island (maybe world) has seen his face and looking for him, and he escaped.... yes after all that.

And now a year later, not a few weeks later, or months later, he is "presumably" caught at a place not further from where he escaped. Presumably he is living in a small village selling burgers at night, and I'm sure lots of people whom he met would recognise him, and he lived like that for a year... yes after all that.

Relief? Happy? Good job? Crucial Information leads to capture ?.... Huh?!?!?! are you serious???!!! Are you kidding me???!!!

My advice is, don't lock up this man... use him to your advantage, obviously he got skills, determination and perseverance. Pay him lots of money, give him a good status respected job... if he has a very good paying job, and an interesting job for him to keep his mind occupied, with a respected rank... he will be able to take good care of his family, he will be less grumpy and will wise up and do his job really well. A high ranking job in the army or home security will be most appropriate for him, obviously even commandos or any elite forces will not, cannot and have not done what he has done.

You lock him up again... he soon get out again, and generate more malu again... and then I don't get it again.

No comments: