Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Familiar ... part 1

3X says "A few days ago we had a picnic at Pasir Ris amongst family members. Anyway one conversation lead to another, a topic of ex-girlfriends crop out. Surprisingly Kak Eton even remembered one of the name "Yati datangkan time kahwin".

Even more surprising, is what happened during lunch today. I was at Parkway Parade for lunch, and usually I was with my collegues, but today I was alone. I was walking infront of Kartini Restaurant, and I heard someone called out from behind. "Pakcik! Pakcik!" sounds familiar... and when I turn around I saw a somewhat familiar face. "Eh, Makcik!". She didn't change much accept for longer hair. And for a moment about a few seconds, both of us didn't say anything, accept for some awkward facial expressions. I guess both of us went totally blank, really like awkward kind of way. Anyway "Pakcik and Makcik" thats what our former workplace use to call both of us.

"Why?" I ask her, not sure what else to ask. "Why what?" she replied. "Kenapa simpan rambut panjang, I thought you tak suka?" I said. "You suka apa..." she laughed. A short pause, and again the feeling of awkwardness. "Nak makan?" she asks, and my mind haven't finish thinking, but my reply was "Ok".

So as we walk towards Burger King, it felt a little... familiar... Anyway I said "So did you notice this balding and buncit?", poking my head and perut... she laughed "Yah! What happened?". I explained, "I gave birth to 3 children, that's why..haha". Anyway I explained to her the irony that my sister-in-law mentions her name only 2 days ago, and also meeting her also explains why a big pimple grew on my nose.

Anyway, long story short, she have 1 daughter and married for few years already, but here's the freaky part, she named her daughter - "Juliana" too, because that's what we planned to name our child WHEN(IF) we get married.

.... to be continued

No comments: