Monday, February 12, 2007

Malaysiaku

3X says "There are many things in my life, that I am very thankful for. I am thankful for my wife, my children, my house and everything else in my life, good and bad. But what I am most thankful for, from god is my driving licence. With it I can drive my family all over Malaysia. I have drove up all the Highlands to the Penang bridge to the whole of Langkawi to along the shores in the east - Trengganu and Kuantan to the long roads cutting across the country to the jams in KL.... everywhere throughout this marvellous country.

The most memorable times are watching the small villages as I drove small roads that seems to go on forever... simple houses, with kids playing, while goats and cows passes by. Many times I wonder what sort of lives they live. They make look poor, but I believe they live richer lives than ours... their ceiling is their roof, and not someone's floor... beneath their house is earth, while ours is someone's house... who is poor actually?

I enjoy driving up the mountains- Genting, Cameron, Fraser Hill, while the cool refreshing air invites me to go higher and higher, and then rewards me of gorgeous views as far as the eye can see, which makes me so humble. I enjoy looking at the sea at Trengganu, Kuantan, Langkawi, Penang that stretches so far, with beautiful white sandy beaches that sea turtles come to lay eggs, to the smooth black muddy sands at Tanjung Sedili. I enjoy looking up at the Twin Towers, the tallest building in the world, and I enjoy looking down at the corals while snorkelling in clear waters at Pulau Kapas. I enjoy the historical sites in Melaka, Perak, Ipoh, and I enjoy the simple life in Ayer Hitam, and I enjoy the bustling city life of Kuala Lumpur. I enjoy walking through caves where bats sleeps. and I enjoy the boat rides along the long river where crocodiles lives.

As I type this, I'm feeling tearful, not sad but feeling of being so thankfull to god, as I remember the sweet memories and the given opportunity to be there to experience all the wondrous and magical places in Malaysia.

Now I ask you this....


Close your eyes and imagine....


if there's no Malaysia....

?

Please don't see through the eyes of the media... they just want your 70 cents...

No comments: