Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pindah rumah...

3X says "As some of you may already know, the college I working at is moving to another building, which is being built as I type this. I was appointed as part of the migration committee, and it looks like a very huge task ahead. Meetings twice a week, new technologies to put in place, and the most important part of the planning is to put what we have now to the new place.
Today we had a tour of the unfinished building, and it was the first experience I had of walking in a building that is still being constructed. There were dust everywhere, and it was quite overwhelming to see workers still cementing the floor, walls being plastered, cables being placed and strewn everywhere... We had a tour from the basement 2 car park to the top floor, which we had to climb the stairs as the lifts are not in placed yet. In short I came out breathless from the construction site, but left in awe at the site, rarely do we get to see a building being built up-close. And also a sense of 'pride' to be one of the staff to walk inside the building.
So from now till June,it seems I have to endure the numerous amount of emails of maps and plans and strategy. I had one of the unenviable task of migrating the 16 computer studios to the new building. So from now till July, I guess no holiday plans, as its a blockout period, meaning no leaves will be approved till the project is finished.
A part of me feels the excitement and a part of me leaves me overwhelmed, but a small part of me just tells me to "just ride the wave, and hopefully there's pot of gold at the end of the rainbow."

No comments: